[Community] Status GTA04A5

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Wed Jul 17 21:15:54 CEST 2013

Hi,

Am 17.07.2013 um 19:12 schrieb Robert 'Bobby' Zenz:

> Hello Nikolaus.
>
> Thanks for the update.
>
> Do you have any figures you can share with us regarding the
> price/amount ratio? Something like "100 buyers and we get it for €
> 350,- each", or at least a rough estimation?

A rough estimate for GTA04A5 boards:

1 buyer: 3000 EUR
10 buyers: 1500 EUR
100 buyers: 590 EUR
1000 buyers: 490 EUR (here it would include a better CPU, e.g. OMAP4)
10k buyers: 390 EUR (here it would include a new plastic case)
100k buyers: 290 EUR
1 Mio buyers: 240 EUR
10 Mio buyers: 199 EUR

Yes, it is more or less logarithmic (except at numbers < 100 and > 1 Mio).

To get an impression about component cost you can look up e.g.
DM3730CBP100, w2cbw003, w2sg0084, at http://www.octopart.com

Hope this helps.