[Community] Status GTA04A5

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Thu Jul 11 21:15:18 CEST 2013

Am 11.07.2013 um 20:54 schrieb kardan:

> Hi,
>
> thanks for the update.
>
> While reading your olympic resumee I missed a word about the FairPhone
> which is still in the race, or at least production is queued. [1]

Yes, I also omitted the Firefox OS, webOS, Sailfish, ... initiatives.

This is IMHO like doing local contests during training between olympic games :)

Since you mention Fairphone I doubt that it can help *us*. The reason is that the
focus on fairness is a pure production issue. It does not change the device or the
software.

And I know that some of the bigger companies are already preparing themselves
for sort of a "fairness" certificate. I.e. in 2-3 years they will force all component
suppliers to provide such (and we can of course benefit - but not differentiate).

So I expect it to be something in the line of WEEE, ROHS, REACH and everyone
(including us) will be doing it. This means we can't do something different based on
the fairness idea.

> Sorry, I can not sponsor the development but I would like to help with
> a new campaign. Maybe a small flyer based on the key benefits of
> GTA04 over the FairPhone and former open phones would attract more
> people. I would love to spread them.

Yes, that would be a good idea!

We have tons of materials on the openphoenux.org
and gta04.org pages (look through the "Documents" folders).

> Keep the flame burning!

And supply of fuel :)

-- hns