[Community] FYI 2013 Nexus 7 reviewed

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Sun Aug 11 11:02:01 CEST 2013

Hi kardan,

Am 11.08.2013 um 10:42 schrieb kardan:

> may this be of interest for compareism. which features of the
> following would you like to have in a open hardware phone/tablet?

I think everybody would agree to get

>= feature-set(Nexus 7) + 100% open
<= price(Nexus 7)
<= min(release_date(Nexus7), release_date(iPad+1))

The question is less what we want to have, it is how we can get there.

Enthusiasm isn't enough any more as the Ubuntu Edge campaign
appears to demonstrate.

> Cheaper than most, better than all: the 2013 Nexus 7 reviewed

Currently we are on the torture rack where feature level of mainstream
devices is going up and prices are going down (leading to increasing
financial loss for big companies).

So the key question we all have is how we can get out of that situation...

> Great screen, fast internals make this refreshed tablet a great deal at
> any price.
> http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2013/07/the-2013-nexus-7-review-meet-the-new-standard-for-android-tablets/

<cut>

it is not necessary to copy the full article - and it might violate copyrights doing so.

I think it is completely sufficient to insert the link.

BR, Nikolaus