[Community] GTA04 voice calls fail on QtMoko v48

Wurzer Juergen Juergen.Wurzer at fhstp.ac.at
Mon Oct 22 18:26:59 CEST 2012

Hello

I bought the used/second-hand GTA04 board from John Ogness and upgraded a neo freerunner.

Then I tested the speakers, headset, microphone etc. with the ALSA mixer settings on
http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-kernel/page/Sound/ and it worked.

When I installed QtMoko v48 on a SD card I did not have any sound whatsoever during phone calls
although the call initiation succeeds and the connection to the opposite device establishes.
Both parties don't hear anything.

I also tried old SHR builds from 2012-07-30 (shr-image-om-gta04-20120730164540.rootfs.tar.gz)
and from 2012-08-04 (shr-image-om-gta04-20120804064836.rootfs.tar.gz).
On this builds the telephony works (both voice directions!). On newer
SHR builds I got an error at first boot (at the wizard).

Error message:
===============
"Enlightment crashed early on start and has been restarted"

Enlightment crashed early on start and has been restarted.
There was an error loading module: wizard

This module has been disabled and will not be loaded.
===============

dmesg says that my GTA04 is a A4 revision
[    0.077026] Revision GTA04A4

Do any older builds of QtMoko exist? (So that I don't have to compile it myself)

I would like to test a version before v46 with voice software routing.
On http://sourceforge.net/projects/qtmoko/files/GTA04/ I am only able to retrieve the
current version. A subfolder like "old_builds" would be fine to download
and test old binary versions.

Further I would like to know if there is any method for voice software routing
on the latest QtMoko version (v48 afaik). Maybe there are config files to set
this up?

If you need any further information to help me on this issue,
I will happily provide them - for now I don't know what sort of
information may be helpful to you.

Thanks in advance and all the best
Jürgen