[Community] Idea to get parts

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Mon Oct 22 12:56:37 CEST 2012

Hi Thomas,

Am 22.10.2012 um 11:22 schrieb Thomas Munker:

> Hi,
> i've just had an idea how to get bigger buy-numbers, (sorry if it's an
> old idea i haven't found in the archives).

no it appears to be new to me.

> Have you asked some electronic resellers like www.conrad.de already?
> Maybe they want to take the same parts as we need in their program.
> Maybe they would even resell Openphoenuxes, since their custumers could
> be interessted in an DIY-Phone?

Hm. In first place they want to earn additional money, i.e. they have to sell
the Openphoenuxes more expensive than we do. So it would help only
if they can reach users we don't come to us through our own activities.

Then, some components (fine pitch PoP-BGAs) are very special so that they
probably don't want to add them to their program because nobody from the
DIY community can use them in their own designs without industrial machinery.

Finally, we buy the components from the large distributors like Avnet,
DigiKey, Mouser and it is usually possible to buy them in single quantities
there.

Ideas and contributions are always welcome!