[Community] OpenPhoenux Prototype of GTA04 based 7 inch tablet

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Wed Oct 10 14:43:35 CEST 2012

On Tuesday, October 09, 2012 12:51:13 PM Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:

> So enjoy the Video showing the prototype and
> spread the word about this latest project progress:
>
> 	<http://youtu.be/MKUVtGp_AmY>

It looks nice. But for me ideal tablet is some dock where i place my phone.
And ideal computer is just keyboard where i dock the tablet. Something like
this:

	http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asus_Eee_Pad_Transformer

Their (Asus's) problem is that they use Android which is good for phone or for
tablet, but not as computer. We have the advantage that the rootfs is same as
on desktop, so we can run full featured apps like Firefox, openoffice or any of
your favourite email programs or text editors.

I dont know how technically easy/hard would be to do something like this. E.g.
how to easily connect the display. Probably USB could be the option here...

Regards

Radek