[Community] OpenPhoenux News

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Fri Oct 5 10:32:58 CEST 2012

Hi,
thanks for the answers!

I have added some comments since some of your proposals
are more software related and do not need to develop a new
device at all.

Am 05.10.2012 um 10:13 schrieb Griera:

> Hello Nikolaus:
>
> On Thu, 4 Oct 2012 09:34:12 +0200
> "Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller" <hns at goldelico.com> wrote:
> [cut]
>> Future GTA05?
>> ============
>> Although it is a litttle early to work on a next generation GTA,
>> we already want to collect ideas. So please let us know what
>> you would like to see in a completely newly developed future
>> OpenPhoenux device.
>

> Hardware:
> - Just an usable phone + PDA (like palm)

I think most owners of a GTA04 would agree that it is already
there. And most of the useability as Phone or PDA depends on
the software.

> - Size ~ 120x65

i.e. approx. the same as the Freerunner.

> - Screen ~10 cm

that is ~4 inch instead of 2.8
it may be in conflict with size, but let's see

> - GPS
> - WiFi
> - Bluetooth

i.e. no change compared to GTA04

> - Bigger battery

this may become a conflict with size, but let's see

would you accept that the device becomes thicker
and heavier? Does it need to be replaceable?

> - 4G (LTE)
> - Sound with higher volume and no echo

higher than which device?

And do you think about the music speaker or the telephony earpiece or both?

> Software:
> - OS: Debian.
> - PIM: calendar+alarm, address books, memos (Kjots), task lists, email, instant message, reminders.
> - Easy syncro with Kontact (Kaddressbook, Korganizar, Kjots, etc) (like KPilot).
> - Expense tracking software.
> - RPN Calculator.

++ (I still use my HP15C when working on GTA04 hardware design :)

> - Foxtrotgps.
> - Navit.
> - Spreadsheet.

This is a suggestion to software developers... Maybe QtMoko is closest (based on Debian).