[Community] OpenPhoenux News

Sven Dyroff S.Dyroff at phytec.de
Thu Oct 4 10:29:22 CEST 2012

Hello Nikolaus,

> Future GTA05?
> ============
> Although it is a litttle early to work on a next generation GTA,
> we already want to collect ideas. So please let us know what
> you would like to see in a completely newly developed future
> OpenPhoenux device.

a) Better GPS reception !!

b) Use UMTS-modems with firmware update or use a new 4G LTE capable modem
!!

c) If you want to use a capacitive touch (i.e. multi-touch), please keep
on having the possibility for using the current resistive one! I
definitvely like it!

d) Keep on using OMAP3. OMAP4 needs much more power, easily becomes hot
when using its power and has very much reduced livetime (See: "Power on
hours (POH)" of this throw-away-processor, as I call it to be.)

e) Spend one more GPIO to IrDA in order to be able to switch off IrDA and
RS232 tranceiver at the same time.

f) Spend 0 ohms resistors in some power paths in order to get a chance to
find out where a gta04 needlessly drains power during suspend or poweroff
by simply measuring.

g) Add a DVB-T receiver.   ;-)))

Best regards
   Sven