[Community] [Gta04-owner] QtMoko v49

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Sun Nov 18 16:08:21 CET 2012


On Sunday, November 18, 2012 03:55:24 PM Neil Jerram wrote:

> Radek Polak <psonek2 at seznam.cz> writes:
> > Hi,
> > QtMoko v49 for GTA04 is now available [1]. There have been really many
> > changes this time so be careful :)
> 
> For me, after installing this, pulseaudio fails to start up.  The log
> has repeating messages log this:
> 
> ...
> Jan  1 00:50:10 neo pulse.sh: Starting pulseaudio
> Jan  1 00:50:11 neo pulse.sh: W: main.c: This program is not intended to be
> run as root (unless --system is specified). Jan  1 00:50:11 neo pulse.sh:
> E: module-console-kit.c: GetSessionsForUnixUser() call failed:
> org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.ExecFailed: Failed to execute program
> /usr/lib/dbus-1.0/dbus-daemon-launch-helper: Success Jan  1 00:50:11 neo
> pulse.sh: E: module.c: Failed to load  module "module-console-kit"
> (argument: ""): initialization failed. Jan  1 00:50:11 neo pulse.sh: E:
> main.c: Module load failed.
> Jan  1 00:50:11 neo pulse.sh: E: main.c: Failed to initialize daemon.
> Jan  1 00:50:11 neo pulse.sh: Starting pulseaudio
> Jan  1 00:50:11 neo pulse.sh: W: main.c: This program is not intended to be
> run as root (unless --system is specified). Jan  1 00:50:12 neo pulse.sh:
> E: module-console-kit.c: GetSessionsForUnixUser() call failed:
> org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.ExecFailed: Failed to execute program
> /usr/lib/dbus-1.0/dbus-daemon-launch-helper: Success Jan  1 00:50:12 neo
> pulse.sh: E: module.c: Failed to load  module "module-console-kit"
> (argument: ""): initialization failed. Jan  1 00:50:12 neo pulse.sh: E:
> main.c: Module load failed.
> Jan  1 00:50:12 neo pulse.sh: E: main.c: Failed to initialize daemon.
> ...

Hi,
can you please try:

	killall pulse.sh
	killall pulseaudio
	. /opt/qtmoko/qpe.env
	pulseaudio

Does it start? My output is like this:

root at neo:/root# killall pulse.sh
root at neo:/root# killall pulseaudio
root at neo:/root# . /opt/qtmoko/qpe.env
root at neo:/root# pulseaudio
W: main.c: This program is not intended to be run as root (unless --system is 
specified).
W: main.c: Unable to contact D-Bus: 
org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.ExecFailed: /usr/bin/dbus-launch terminated 
abnormally with the following error: Autolaunch error: X11 initialization 
failed.
W: ratelimit.c: 15 events suppressed


I see the difference is in "E: module-console-kit.c". Can you try comment out 
the line "load-module module-console-kit" in /etc/pulse/default.pa?

Regards

Radek







More information about the Community mailing list