[Community] [Gta04-owner] What software are we still missing on GTA04 distributions?

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Thu Jul 26 10:30:48 CEST 2012

On Thursday, July 26, 2012 12:52:15 AM NeilBrown wrote:

> Reliable firmware for the GSM module?

Me too ;-)

> I've recently started noticing the problem where an incoming call causes
> the firmware to crash on occasion.  I think Radek avoided that by
> disabling 3G or similar (Radek: what was the command to do that?).

This is from QtMoko's modem plugin [1]:

	chat("AT_OPSYS=0,2");       // disable UMTS, use only GSM

I also added many other workarounds in QtMoko for the GSM. I think it's
working quite good now, but not perfectly. Here is list of problems and
workarounds:

* restart QtMoko after modem crashed. AT_OPSYS=0,2 does not completely solve
the crashing and after the crash the serial line stops working, so i restart
whole QtMoko [2].

* sometimes after resume the serial line is silent - i am closing the serial
port before suspend and open it after resume and doing CLCC and SMS poll after
opened.

* very rarely the modem after resume simply disappeared - the serial port file
/dev/ttyHSO_Application was not existing at all.

* cant detect other side hangup in outgoing call - i do CLCC polling.

I am running the phone mostly with AT logging on. But sometimes you dont have
time to analyze what happend.

Currently the modem with above workarounds works quite good, but i think many
people expect it to be 100% perfect...

Regards

Radek

> So if there were some way to try out a newer firmware, I'd be keen to give
> it a go.
>
> NeilBrown

[1]
https://github.com/radekp/qtmoko/blob/master/devices/gta04/src/plugins/phonevendors/neo/vendor_neo.cpp