[Community] What software are we still missing on GTA04 distributions?

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Thu Jul 26 10:11:42 CEST 2012

Am 26.07.2012 um 00:52 schrieb NeilBrown:

> On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 11:00:41 +0200 "Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller"
> <hns at goldelico.com> wrote:
>
>> Please just write down what you are missing. This might help the
>> software projects to get directions and motivation (because someone
>> is interested in their work).
>>

>> Other:
>> *
>> *
>
> Reliable firmware for the GSM module?
>
> I've recently started noticing the problem where an incoming call causes the
> firmware to crash on occasion.  I think Radek avoided that by disabling 3G or
> similar (Radek: what was the command to do that?).
>
> Also sometimes it just fails to register properly - it is weird.  It seems
> to be registered and knows which carrier it is with and gets signal strength
> updates, but incoming and out-going calls just don't work.  Even a
> power-cycle doesn't fix things.

> I pull the SIM out and put it in another phone and it works fine.  Put it
> back in the GTA04 again, and it works again.

This may also be related to a misaligned antenna. I.e. it can happen
that the reception is good enough to receive the beacon signals from
the base stations but transmitted signals are too weak to arrive there.

> Also I don't get cell-id updates (in .au most cells report a name saying
> which suburb they are in).  That all worked with GTA02, but not with GTA04.
>
> Sometimes when I send a TXT the response seems to indicate that it wasn't
> sent, but actually it was.  I don't have logs of exactly what the response is
> in that case.
>
> So if there were some way to try out a newer firmware, I'd be keen to give it
> a go.

I will take another look into that after solving production things and holidays.
So it may take a while for news.