[Community] [Gta04-owner] What software are we still missing on GTA04 distributions?

Christ van Willegen cvwillegen at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 11:15:00 CEST 2012

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 11:00 AM, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller
<hns at goldelico.com> wrote:
> Please just write down what you are missing. This might help the
> software projects to get directions and motivation (because someone
> is interested in their work).

For the distro's: Reliable bluetooth so that it can be used w/ in-car
stereo systems for handsfree phoning. Or for using (i.e. Navit)
navigation w/ spoken commands via bluetooth link.

Reliable SMS and phone call handling. Not having conference is fine,
one-on-one will do for now :-)  Emergency calling is also a must,
IMHO, although I've never (knock on wood..) needed it so far.

> Kernel:

Drivers for missing hardware pieces, easy way to turn on/off devices
(NeilBrown's work on GPS is excellent news!)

> Other:

Easy-ish sync/backup for contacts, SMS, e-mail.

Christ van Willegen