[Community] [Gta04-owner] New Phoronix article on Gta04

Mike Frysinger vapier at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 08:45:56 CEST 2012

On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 8:11 AM, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller
<hns at goldelico.com> wrote:
> Am 04.07.2012 um 05:06 schrieb Alishams Hassam:
>> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTEzMjI If you
>> missed it. Sadly he doesn't make much constructive criticism; he
>
> thanks for the link!
>
>> bashes the specs but it's not as if much can be done about that now.
>
> There is a typical misunderstanding with the specs.
>
> The most worrying statement I found was: " for hardware that's slower
> than a $100 iPhone. "
>
> I never did see a $100 iPhone (even on eBay and then it is broken)...

in the US, you can typically get a (heavily) subsidized phone through
a carrier by also signing a multi-year contract with them.  so i
wouldn't be surprised if you could get an iPhone for $100 over here.

this stated price point ignores the cost of the contract, but for many
people, they're going to be getting service via the carrier anyways,
so the $100 that it costs them out of pocket isn't exactly inaccurate.
-mike