[Openpvrsgx-devgroup] New version letux-pvrsrvkm-v5.6.0-rc1 available

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Mon Feb 17 23:04:43 CET 2020

> Am 17.02.2020 um 22:47 schrieb H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com>:
>

>> Please no. Do not rebase if you want others to use your git tree.
>
> I do only rebase feature branches, not the results where others
> can base their work on.

To summarize:

* features branches have prefix letux/
* and are rebased regularly (to track upstream changes and delete patches after they are accepted)
* release branches have a -rc suffix
* and are the result of a merge of the underlaying feature branches
* so it is possible to merge them with newer upstream -rc
* until merge conflicts arise which have to be manually solved (may be difficult)
* or it has to be switched to the merge of the newer feature branches