[Openpvrsgx-devgroup] New version letux-pvrsrvkm-v5.6.0-rc1 available

Tony Lindgren tony at atomide.com
Mon Feb 17 16:00:06 CET 2020

* H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com> [200217 08:01]:
> The scripts will also keep letux-pvrsrvkm-v5.6.0-rc1 untouched
> and there will be a new letux-pvrsrvkm-v5.6.0-rc2 which
> is rebased. So you can alternatively start on letux-pvrsrvkm-v5.6.0-rc1.

Please don't rebase on every -rc. Just do it for every major release.
That way we have a sane development tree following the Linux release
cycle.

So the only change needed really is to leave out the -rc from branch
names.

And then no rebasing until every major release when -rc1 gets tagged.
Then generate a new development branch (but without the -rc name).

Shorter branch names, less work for you, folks with their own forks
will be happy as there's only need to rebase every major release :)

Regards,

Tony