[Openpvrsgx-devgroup] New version letux-pvrsrvkm-v5.6.0-rc1 available

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Sun Feb 16 19:46:48 CET 2020

Hi Tony,

> Am 16.02.2020 um 19:29 schrieb Tony Lindgren <tony at atomide.com>:
>
> Hi,
>
> * H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com> [200211 13:28]:
>> A new version of our holistic PVR/SGX driver is available
>> Kernel: v5.6.0-rc1
>> Result: letux-pvrsrvkm-v5.6.0-rc1 (rebased on v5.6.0-rc1)
>> Result: letux-pvrsrvkm (linear history)
>> Github: https://github.com/openpvrsgx-devgroup/linux_openpvrsgx/branches
>> Components:
>> letux/pvrsrvkm-1.17.4948957
>
> FYI, I heard from ruleh on #maemo-leste today that this branch has been
> updated for kernel modules and the omap5-sgx-ddk-um-linux branch for
> related blobs. And the blobs now at least init with pvrsrvinit also on
> omap4 and presumably also on omap34xx.
>
> So presumably now oma34xx (n900) and am3517 should work the same as
> in the beaglebone example but with 1.17:
>
> http://blog.0xpebbles.org/PowerVR-SGX-on-the-beaglebone-black-in-2019
>
> Nikolaus, care to check that letux/pvrsrvkm-1.17.4948957 is
> in sync? Stuff has just recently gotten updated it seems.

Wow, cool!

https://git.ti.com/cgit/graphics/omap5-sgx-ddk-linux/log/?h=ti-img-sgx/1.17.4948957/k5.4

shows e.g.:

km: Migrate to kernel version 5.4
km: Add build targets for sgx530-121 and sgx540-120 devices

> So I guess I should patch the pvr-drv to work with that branch
> now unless already done?

Yes. I think we should update our 1.17 branch first to match latest TI work
and then add pvr-drv for it.

BR and thanks,