[OHSW.org] Tinkerphones OHSW 2016

Wolfgang Wiedmeyer wreg at wiedmeyer.de
Fr Dez 9 14:42:28 CET 2016

H. Nikolaus Schaller writes:

> Hi all,
> here is the procedure to decide the topics during the workshop:
>
> 0. Prepare:	please think about community related ideas/topics/software you would like to be solved/improved by working together
> 1. Ideas:	we will collect them in the beginning
> 2. Participate:	participants can add themselves to ideas/topics where they think they can contribute and help to push the topic
> 3. Choose:	we will choose the most interesting ones where we can form good groups
> 4. Lead:	groups will elect a "speaker/group leader" who will be responsible to keep the group on track
> 5. Work:	there will be ca. 2-3 parallel groups each day (i.e. working on different topics on Sat and Sun is possible)
> 6. Lunch:	Pizza service
> 7. Results:	the speakers should provide and present 2-3 sentences about what has been achieved at the end of each day so that we can tell the public about the progress
>
>> Am 03.12.2016 um 13:39 schrieb Julius Bünger <buenger at mytum.de>:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> there is a tiny update to the location:
>> We got a different room, that is almost next to the rooms stated in my
>> last email:
>> 00.08.036
>> https://portal.mytum.de/campus/roomfinder/search_room_results?searchstring=00.08.036&building=Alle&search=Suche+starten
>>

>> Also we might want to start discussing topics we want to work on, so we
>> are able to discuss and prepare those beforehands.
>
> This is expecially important if a topic e.g. requires to install special software on the laptop of the group members.
> E.g. if a group wants to work on Replicant it would be good to have the repo sync done before (takes several hours to complete).

Please also consider that building Replicant takes several hours
depending on your machine. So if you want to work on Replicant, the day
might be almost over until you have your first build if you start to set
up everything tomorrow morning.

Information about building Replicant 6.0 can be found here:
https://redmine.replicant.us/boards/21/topics/12057
and some general information about current development tasks:
https://blog.replicant.us/2016/08/replicant-6-early-work-upstream-work-and-f-droid-issue/

It would be even better to not sync with the "stable" branch
replicant-6.0 but with the dev branch replicant-6.0-dev:
repo init -u https://code.fossencdi.org/replicant_manifest.git -b replicant-6.0-dev
repo sync

But switching between the two branches should be quite fast.

You can also run a first build as described in the post. The only
working target for now is the Galaxy S3. But if you want to work on
porting Replicant 6.0 to the GTA04, then building for the Galaxy S3
already builds most of the things you need for the GTA04 and subsequent
builds only take a few minutes.

Replicant 6.0 builds on Debian Stretch. There might only occur a few
hiccups because I did not yet push all the fixes.
So if you want to help testing the build on Stretch or if you want to
work on the toolchain, then it would be awesome if you could set up a
Stretch chroot or virtual machine instead of a Jessie one, provided that
you don't have it already installed somewhere.

Best regards,
Wolfgang

>> Best regards,
>> julius
>
> BR and see you on Friday/Saturday,
> Nikolaus
>

>> On Thu, Nov 17, 2016 at 02:25:09 +0100, Julius Bünger wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> sorry for the late announcement:
>>>
>>> We got rooms and WiFi at the TU Munich.
>>> The rooms are in the Mathematics and Computer Science building in
>>> Garching (near Munich):
>>> 00.08.059
>>> https://portal.mytum.de/campus/roomfinder/search_room_results?searchstring=00.08.059&building=Alle&search=Suche+starten
>>> and