[OHSW.org] Participant in Munich

Lukas Maerdian luk at slyon.de
Di Nov 18 18:07:46 CET 2014

Welcome!

> Am 18.11.2014 um 11:40 schrieb rhn <ohswmali.rhn at porcupinefactory.org>:
>
>> Hello!
>>
>> I decided to participate in this year's OHSW,
>
> welcome!
>
>> as a step up from my small involvement in Openmoko community. Since I'm new here, I have some questions/offers.
>>
>> First off, I noticed that the agenda for OHSW is quite complete, but there hasn't been much talk about that on this list in the last months. Is there some list with more talk on it (that I couldn't find)?

General discussion on the topic are usually done on the
openphoenux-community list.

> Well, there are several lists:
>
> * openmoko-community
> * openphoenux-community
> * gta04-owner
> * this
>
> This list is mainly used for negotiating the time&location. And inform all participants.
>

>> Second - the address for pre-meeting from the direction PDF doesn't match the one on the website - which one is right?

The website is correct!
The PDF is outdated (from 2012) and is just used for its nice pictures
of the Campus Garching, which are still up to date.

>> I'm based in München - if someone needs help finding the place and means of transportation, I can at least offer directions - just email me.
>>
>> As for me, I'm moderately active in the free software scene, having been involved in several small projects.
>> I've been also working on-and-off on a hardware project: a bicycle computer [0], which is in a perpetual prototype stage. If there's a few people on the maling list interested, I could take it as another gadget. It's not big or polished enough for a real presentation :)
>
> Looks very interesting! Last year, Andreas did talk about using his Openmoko / GTA04 as a bike computer. So there is definitvely interest in your topics and you can show it during the „show your gadgets“ session.

Yes, please bring it along. You can present it in the "Show your new
gadgets" slot.

BR,
  Lukas