[Om-beagle-panda-hybrid] PandaBoard Status

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Tue Nov 2 17:05:55 CET 2010

> Hi all on this list,
> in addition to the Openmoko Beagle Hybrid, I am working to get it run on the
> PandaBoard (OMAP4) I have received through the early adopter program.
>
> Currently I am still struggling with the setup of the PandaBoard. It
> does not come with NAND flash (but 512 MB RAM!). Therefore
> I have to create a bootable SD card first. This now works and I have
> two different cards.
>
> One with Angstrom_minimal_fs and another one with Ubuntu.
>
> Initially I had some problem with booting at all but it turned out
> that the cable between power supply and PandaBoard was not thick
> enough (it worked well for the BeagleBoard and BB-XM). I assume
> the PB draws more energy...
>
> For Ubuntu I can see the boot screen but then, the monitor switches to
> a strange mode where three desktops are shown near each other.
>
> And, the other image boots to a login: on the screen but it does
> not accept a user. Login on the terminal is disabled on both :(
>
> So I have to experiment a little more and will report about results.

Ok,
I have reflashed the Angstrom_minimal image and voila:

/ # df
/dev/root               901308     44308    811216   5% /
devtmpfs                215732       280    215452   0% /dev
none                    215732       280    215452   0% /dev
/dev/mmcblk0p2          901308     44308    811216   5% /media/mmcblk0p2
/dev/mmcblk0p1           71133      2849     68284   4% /media/mmcblk0p1
/ # cat /proc/cpuinfo
Processor	: ARMv7 Processor rev 2 (v7l)
processor	: 0
BogoMIPS	: 2013.49

processor	: 1
BogoMIPS	: 1963.08

Features	: swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp thumbee neon vfpv3
CPU implementer	: 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant	: 0x1
CPU part	: 0xc09
CPU revision	: 2

Hardware	: OMAP4430 Panda Board
Revision	: 0010
Serial		: 0000000000000000
/ #

Well, 1963 BogoMIPS for *each* core is quite good. Isn't it?

My 900 MHz eeePC reports just 1261 BogoMIPS.