[Letux-kernel] Pyra display driver once again broken in v5.2-rc1

Tony Lindgren tony at atomide.com
Wed May 29 11:12:27 CEST 2019

Hi,

* H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com> [190529 08:57]:
> > [    7.524125] pca953x 4-0022: failed writing register
> > [    7.529444] pca953x: probe of 4-0022 failed with error -22

I saw something similar with a BBB cape (early Baylibre
ACME cape) and it was device_pca95xx_init() somehow trying to
write to a read-only register causing an error.

I did not debug further and I do not have it handy, and I
could not easily figure out what caused the regression..
But maybe take a look and see if commenting out the register
write device_pca95xx_init() helps.

Regards,

Tony