[Letux-kernel] omap5uevm with v5.2.-rc2 broken?

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Wed May 29 11:02:40 CEST 2019

Hi Tony,
did you recently try to boot the omap5 evm with a v5.2 kernel?

For me it seems as if the pca953x driver is not
working any more (same for Pyra and therefore
we have big trouble: HDMI/LCD not working, no USB
just to name some).

Boot log contains:

[    5.284961] pca953x 3-0022: failed writing register

Just to make sure that the problem is not sitting
in front of the host computer :)

Unfortunately there are too big changes between v5.1.0
and v5.2-rc1 which influence my build environment (I
need more and more hacks to get trick out the HOSTCC
compiler) so that I can't bisect.

BR and thanks,