[Letux-kernel] Fixing Audio driver

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Thu May 23 07:31:08 CEST 2019

> Am 23.05.2019 um 01:19 schrieb Michael Mrozek <EvilDragon at openpandora.org>:
>
> On Mi, 2019-05-22 at 19:53 +0200, H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>>> One of the outputs is the headset port - and that one plays audio
>>> smoothly
>>> without any issues, crackles, anything. It properly works!
>>> However, speaker output does not work.
>> Speaker ootput is the same alsa device as the headset. But the other
>> two of 4 channels.
>
> Ah, okay, that's still not fixed then.
>>> Does anyone know where this is all setup?
>> The key problem is the twl6040 driver and aess extensions. And the
>> mcbsp/pdm stuff.
>
> Ignoring AESS for the moment (we can add that later), the setup of the
> audio devices should be in the twl6040 driver file?

Only the twl6040 audio devices are there.
To throw our AESS patches out, you could git checkout the mainline twl6040 driver.
This should also make the rogue null ports go away.

> I expected them to be in the board files.
>
> And the first step would be to create proper devices instead of having
> the speakers on channel 3 and 4 of the headset port.

As far as I understand you need AESS to make it different. So we either
have the channel 3+4 thing or have to fix AESS. No way through the middle...