[Letux-kernel] Fixing Audio driver

Michael Mrozek EvilDragon at openpandora.org
Thu May 23 01:19:18 CEST 2019

On Mi, 2019-05-22 at 19:53 +0200, H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:

Hi,

> > One of the outputs is the headset port - and that one plays audio
> > smoothly
> > without any issues, crackles, anything. It properly works!
> > However, speaker output does not work.
> Speaker ootput is the same alsa device as the headset. But the other
> two of 4 channels.

Ah, okay, that's still not fixed then.

>> Does anyone know where this is all setup?
> The key problem is the twl6040 driver and aess extensions. And the
> mcbsp/pdm stuff.

Ignoring AESS for the moment (we can add that later), the setup of the
audio devices should be in the twl6040 driver file?

I expected them to be in the board files.

And the first step would be to create proper devices instead of having
the speakers on channel 3 and 4 of the headset port.

Maybe that's also part of the reason they don't work properly - as the
headset output works, and that's just a normal analog output as well.

--
Greetings,

Michael Mrozek

-----------------------