[Letux-kernel] [Gta04-owner] New LetuxOS Kernels and some tricks and thoughts

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Wed May 22 08:03:27 CEST 2019

Hi Jonas,
one more thought on this with some distance in time.

> Am 21.05.2019 um 15:13 schrieb Jonas Smedegaard <jonas at jones.dk>:
>
>>> My point is that that I firmly believe that to get out of the
>>> vicious circle we _first_ need to collaborate and only _then_
>>> compete (if needed at all, but that's a different discussion).
>>
>> Well, I am waiting for years for collaboration (the first LetuxOS
>> dates back to 2006) but it seems as if other projects decided to
>> compete and start from scratch instead of building on top of LetuxOS
>> :)
>
> Yes, just as Debian had waited for years for your collaboration (first
> release dates back to 1993) but you decided to compete with LetuxOS
> instead of joining and improving Debian :-)

The main contribution of LetuxOS since 2006 is to advocate using Debian
on embedded boards. At that time everyone was using Angstrom. We used
Debian right from the beginning. And LetuxOS is (still) making Debian
more available and better useable on some set of devices by adding a
handful packages and compatible kernels. IMHO this *is* collaboration
and not competition.