[Letux-kernel] Kernel letux-5.2-rc1

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Mon May 20 21:12:13 CEST 2019

Hi all,
I have updated the kernel tree to include letux-5.2-rc1.

Here are the major changes:

* bigger merge conflicts
  - simple-card.c: clock divisor patches
  - omap5-dtsi: aess node+
  - ingenic/jt4740: pwm, rtc, wdt
* bigger API adjustments
  - boe-wl677l.c: omapdss panel driver model changed once again
* JZ4780/CI20: working
* Letux400: update mipsbook power manager MCU driver to compile (with bugs)
* hw-test: add Pyra LID sensor test
* bq24297: turn off OTG on shutdown only if it is really on

Unfortunately, this upgrade has broken ALL OMAP displays. I know
there was a bigger rework of the omapdss APIs to be more compatible
to what DRM panel drivers already provide. And they seem to have
reversed the display pipeline somehow. The idea is to have no
omapdrm specific panel drivers in the future which is generally
a good move, even if it makes us big trouble now...

So we have to fix at least:
* GTA04: panel-tpo-td028ttec1
* Letux3704/7004: panel-dpi
* Pyra: panel-boe-w677l

Well, the ssd2558 driver we have ben carrying along is probably not
worth being fixed. Although it may have become easier through the
new pipeline structure. But as far as I remember there are only one
or two working prototype display boards available. So there is almost
no chance to test. And no need since the Pyra mass production does
not include the chip at all.

Kernel tree: http://git.goldelico.com/?p=letux-kernel.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/letux-5.2-rc1