[Letux-kernel] [BUG v5.2-rc1] ARM build broken

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Mon May 20 17:15:02 CEST 2019

Hi,
it seems as if ARM build is broken since ARM now hard enables CONFIG_HAVE_GCC_PLUGINS
which indirectly enables CONFIG_GCC_PLUGIN_ARM_SSP_PER_TASK. Compiling this breaks
on my system (Darwin build host) due to conflicts in system headers and Linux headers.

So how can I turn off all these GCC_PLUGINS?

The offending patch seems to be

	security: Create "kernel hardening" config area

especially the new "default y" for GCC_PLUGINS. After removing that line from
scripts/gcc-plugins/Kconfig makes my compile succeed.

BR and thanks,
Nikolaus Schaller