[Letux-kernel] AESS driver

Andrey Utkin andrey_utkin at fastmail.com
Mon Jun 25 20:48:32 CEST 2018

On Mon, Jun 25, 2018 at 07:46:08PM +0200, H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
> Hi,
> Marek has updated and fixed some issues in the work pioneered
> by Andrey and I have rebased it on top of linus/v4.18-rc2.

That's great! Thanks Marek and congrats to everyone!

> Next I think we have to test it and learn how to use it.
>
> I, for example, have no idea how to configure or which
> additional BLOBs are needed so that aplay works with AESS...

Yeah. I haven't familiarized much with AESS firmware aspect, Peter
Ujfalusi from TI knows it best. Peter has already shared quite some
knowledge in "Porting AESS (ABE) kernel driver" thread. Unfortunately
web archive of kernel at pyra-handheld.com ML is not working well - Marek,
do you have that thread in your local archives?

> @Andrey: most patches from you are missing a signed-off
> which makes it impossible to upstream, despite being GPL
> and open source. For Letux OS we are not that strict,
> especially for experimental features, but we should consider
> trying to get it upstream (although it might be difficult
> for other reasons for AESS).

Meh, I'm fine with whoever just taking the diff and signing with their
name. All I was doing, IIRC, is porting bits of code from TI tree, so
it's not like I'm exactly the author. Also commits I produces are not
exactly in the shape Linux upstream maints would accept.