[Letux-kernel] Bug in i2c_device_probe

Belisko Marek marek.belisko at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 13:17:35 CEST 2018

Hi Tony,
On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 9:20 AM Tony Lindgren <tony at atomide.com> wrote:

> * Belisko Marek <marek.belisko at gmail.com> [180618 07:09]:
> > I can but after applying this patch gpadc module seems to stop working
> > so I need to fix this first (no idea how yet ;))
>
> Oh OK. Maybe check if that module or it's GPIO parent
> also needs matching level configured in the dts file?
> Maybe it's connected via I2C GPIO module or via PMIC
> GPIO?
Nope I checked gpadc driver and from platform data can get 3 iqr's (at
leat they are defined in omap5-board-common.dtsi) but drievr just gran
EOC irq directly from palmas.
I also checked palmas probe and there is code like:
  /* Change interrupt line output polarity */
                             | 19 #include <linux/delay.h>
        if (pdata->irq_flags & IRQ_TYPE_LEVEL_HIGH)
                                   | 20 #include <linux/i2c.h>
                reg = PALMAS_POLARITY_CTRL_INT_POLARITY;
                                   | 21 #include <linux/pm.h>
        else
                                   | 22 #include <linux/mfd/palmas.h>
                reg = 0;

so when it was none reg = 0 (with IRQ_TYPE_LEVEL_LOW it was not
mounting rootfs at all but works with IRQ_TYPE_LEVEL_HIGH). So I'm
still puzzled how to fix this issue. Any ideas what else to check?
Also one thing which puzzles me is why gpadc in dts have 3 interrupts?:
 gpadc: gpadc {
                        compatible = "ti,palmas-gpadc";
                        interrupts = <18 0
                                      16 0