[Letux-kernel] New members welcome / where to find what

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Thu Jun 14 14:20:15 CEST 2018

> Am 14.06.2018 um 14:09 schrieb Michael Mrozek <EvilDragon at openpandora.org>:
>
> Hi,
>
>>> 2. Bootloader (U-Boot):
>>> Well, I do know we are using a different U-Boot version than hns
>>> uses with his Letux OS,
>> Really? What are the differences? Are they useful for all? Then we
>> should integrate them.
>
> As far as I know, we are using a more recent version (unless you have
> switched to a newer one as well within the last year) and we have a
> bootmenu (via serial out) included so you can boot different kernels.

Well, if nobody tells me that, I don't know it...

Our last version is from - today :) Well, because I recompiled it.

The code basis is u-boot 2016.11. The last OMAP5 related patch we have
added was 26-apr-2017. And of course the 4GB patches from Tony.

Well, we could have updated to newer upstream u-boot but that usually
adds not many new features but introduces a lot of regressions, so
that I prefer to do that only once in 5 years.

>> The Letux OS MLO and U-Boot should work equally well (and if not we
>> have not exchanged enough information). The project is here:
>>
>> http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-uboot/
>> http://git.goldelico.com/?p=gta04-uboot.git;a=summary
>> http://download.goldelico.com/letux-u-boot/Pyra+LC15/latest/
>> and
>> http://download.goldelico.com/letux-u-boot/Pyra+LC15-4GB/latest/
>>
>> Note to all developers: we need slightly different u-boot and kernel
>> builds (LPAE) for 2GB and 4GB RAM on OMAP5.
>
> Thanks. Would it be possible to have that included in one setup?
> I'd be happy if we only have ONE image to flash, regardless whether we
> have a 2GB or 4GB RAM version.

Yes, I know, but we can't. The problem is that there are different
EMIF setups already required in MLO. And LPAE on/off is a compile time
option for the kernel.

aTc has a solution in the flasher scripts. They copy either this
set of files or the other.

I do the same with makesd - either call "makesd pyra" or "makesd pyra-4gb"
to get the correct image mixture.