[Letux-kernel] Strange problem with non-LPAE letux-4.20-rc kernels on 4GB Pyra only

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Fri Dec 7 09:22:12 CET 2018

> Am 05.12.2018 um 19:11 schrieb H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com>:
>

>> Am 05.12.2018 um 18:31 schrieb Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info>:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Wed, 5 Dec 2018 18:08:03 +0100
>> "H. Nikolaus Schaller" <hns at goldelico.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Or is this some side-effect of our SDIO-interrupt improvements
>>> for WiFi?
>>
>> Well, that code  should not be called without sdio cards.
>> and there were no improvements, every try did not work.
>> So the plain old patch we have since years.
>
> Ok, good to have checked.
>
> - it could be a change in some imported omap5*.dtsi
> - or something in the mmc core framework.
> - or the omap-hsmmc driver.
> - or there is a bug in our DTS for the latest CPU board which did not show up in earlier kernels...
>
> So enough places to study :)

Here some new information: the voltage on the CD gpio input
swings between 0 and 800mV when inserting/removing a card.

This does not seem to trigger an interrupt.

This pin has a 100k pullup to 1.8V and 800mV is a typical symptom that
the gpio pin does have a pull-down enabled and not a pull-up or internal
pull disabled..

The next question to try to answer is why this did not appear before 4.20-rc1.