[Letux-kernel] 4.16 boot hickups

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Fri Apr 13 22:48:26 CEST 2018

> Am 13.04.2018 um 19:04 schrieb Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info>:
>
> On Fri, 13 Apr 2018 17:51:38 +0200
>
>> Hi,
>>
>>> Am 13.04.2018 um 10:43 schrieb H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com>:
>>>
>>> I wasn't able to mount NAND on this device manually either.
>>>
>>> So I'll reformat it and then let's see if the problem is still there.
>>
>> Well, the ubi0 error: scan_peb: bad image sequence number 1311990011 in PEB 1980, expected 1795890576
>> is gone, but the hickup is still there.
>>
>> GTA04A5:	boots 10 of 10 attempts fine with boot after battery-insert
>> GTA04A4:	boots 2-3 attempts of 10 fine with boot after battery-insert
>> 		no problem after force-shutdown and power-on
>>
>> With letux-4.16-rc6 I have 10/10 on GTA04A4.
>>
>> So either the OneNAND fix breaks the GTA04A4 or there is some other change
>> between letux-4.16-rc6 and letux-4.16 that is NOT active on GTA04A5. Maybe
>> some peripheral driver?
>>
> Maybe you simple disable nand in kernel config completely (or compile
> as modules) and compare?

Ah, good idea to check if it is NAND driver related or not.

But, it turned out that neither CONFIG_MTD=n nor CONFIG_MTD_NAND=n
did help (except that it spuriously turns the corner and boots).

So the only known factor so far is the offmode patch. But there must
be another one that differentiates between A4 and A5.

Something for the weekend to ponder on...