[Letux-kernel] 4.16 boot hickups

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Thu Apr 12 17:24:27 CEST 2018

> Am 12.04.2018 um 17:02 schrieb Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info>:
>
> Hi,
>

> On Thu, 12 Apr 2018 14:55:29 +0200
>
>> And sometimes I see (on GTA04A4):
>>
> I hate the word "sometimes" in this context...

Me too - but so far that describes our knowledge best :)

I didn't have it before 4.16.0. So it must be very new...

>> [    3.104858] omap2_set_init_voltage: unable to find boot up OPP for vdd_core
>> [    3.112213] omap2_set_init_voltage: unable to set vdd_core
> well, these messages are quite common.

Haven't seen them before. Especially as a prefix for:

>> --- nothing happens any more ----
>
> I remember I had seen this behavior  (or something similar) more often
> when doing a reboot from 3.7 to some dtb kernel.  well, the messages are
> quite common. Can you attach via kgdb here?

Have never tried. How would that work?

> Does it happen regardless of whether you do a
> halt
> press power button
>
> or simply
> reboot

I think to remember that it comes if I insert the battery for the first
or second or third time. If I leave battery inserted, press the power
button for 10 seconds and then power on again it boots.