[Letux-kernel] [Bug]: mtd: onenand: omap2plus: kernel panic with OneNAND on OMAP3 (DM3730) device GTA04A5

Tony Lindgren tony at atomide.com
Thu Apr 12 17:03:06 CEST 2018

* H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com> [180411 07:05]:
> > Am 10.04.2018 um 22:56 schrieb Ladislav Michl <ladis at linux-mips.org>:
> > Well, that's a shame... However, this code is in production for several
> > months now,
>
> Well, we could have tested earlier release-candidates...

I've found it's way easier to test Linux next on regular basis
and report the regressions compared to chasing regressions after
the merge window or tagged kernels. By that time you may have
already multiple regressions to deal with which is always fun.

If you have products running with mainline kernel, maybe set up
automated boot testing for core devices to catch regressions
early?

Regards,

Tony