[Letux-kernel] 4.16 onenand

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Wed Apr 11 12:38:18 CEST 2018

On Tue, 10 Apr 2018 07:59:15 +0200

> Yes, this is a requirement of kernel maintainers to us. But it does not mean
> that core maintainers follow the same principles :)
>
> > There were talks at FOSDEM considering them to be even more part of the
> > device. And here it seems that we have forgotten
> >
> > So if the old dtb does not work with the newer kernel, it is a bug.
>
> Indeed.

That would something to report.

And git bisect will point us to the bug. I have opened a microsd-sd
adapter here and added a mosfet. It should fit between a dummy battery
and the gta04 contacts. Perhaps better not play around with the modem in
that setup...

 I just have to connect that to my magic usb hub.
Then I could run those bisects at night automatically since I could
power-cycle the gta04a5.

But now the bug is found anyways. Just thinking about opitimizing tools
for the next bug.