[Letux-kernel] 4.16 onenand

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Tue Apr 10 09:56:02 CEST 2018

> Am 10.04.2018 um 07:59 schrieb H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com>:
>
> Some observations:
> * the many git bisect skip come from merge conflicts in
>
>  arch/arm/boot/dts/omap3-gta04.dtsi
>
>  when trying to apply (cherry-pick) the 4.16 version of "DT: GTA04: fixes to get things merged with the other branches"
>  to some intermediate versions. It seems that we can apply it to "good" and "bad".

I think I have found the issue.

Both, 4.15.0 and 4.16-rc1 have

f568f6f554b817edafebf28a06b73ec9b4986dd1 "ARM: dts: omap: Add missing #phy-cells to usb-nop-xceiv"

merged.

But git bisect may backup even earlier (before v4.15.0) if we bisect one of the OneNAND patches.
Then, this is missing in the upstream version. And therefore, merging our
"DT: GTA04: fixes to get things merged with the other branches"
fails.

Quite easy to fix: cherry-pick f568f6f554b817edafebf28a06b73ec9b4986dd1
but ignore errors and only then cherry-pick our patch set.

So let's see if I can now reduce from 48 candidates to 1...