[Letux-kernel] 4.16 onenand

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Sun Apr 8 22:36:12 CEST 2018

Hi,
I just recognised that this

> Am 07.04.2018 um 22:41 schrieb Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info>:
>
> Hmm, using one letux dtb, separately compiled. And then compile
> on plain mainline. There should be no reason why onenand should not
> work on mainline.

may be wrong.

If for example a patch between 4.16-rc0 and 4.16-rc1 changes some
omap3 SoC support driver (clocks, hwmods etc.) this might need
a change in omap3-something.dtsi as well.

If you do not compile the omap3-gta04.dtb that exactly matches these
changes, the DTB might simply be (partially) incompatible because it
depends on all included .dtsi and not only our gta04 board descriptions.
Even if the latter seem to be unchanged.

So combining some version of uImage with some other version
of the DTB may fail.