[Letux-kernel] 4.16 onenand

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Sat Apr 7 22:41:35 CEST 2018

On Sat, 7 Apr 2018 21:23:29 +0200

> > Am 07.04.2018 um 19:52 schrieb Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info>:

> >> Indeed.
> >>

> > the behaviour is unstable,
>
> Maybe should we try to bisect my kernel panic issue?
> It seems to be very stable. At least from recent tests...
>
> I have to bisect everything between v4.15.0 and v4.16.0
> and merge into that all important gta04 patch sets, mainly
> the dt and some others... If they cleanly apply which is
> not always the case...

Hmm, using one letux dtb, separately compiled. And then compile
on plain mainline. There should be no reason why onenand should not
work on mainline.

> And then compile and flash SD card. Needs ca. 1 hour per
> run. And ca. 13 runs.

Hmm, you need only make uImage, The kernel crashes before root is
mounted, so no root  and no modules are needed, just some ubifs in nand,
you could directly use usb-start-kernel.sh (and do not forget to add
the ubiattach stuff). Probably 10 min per try or even less.

> Spending this time needs a little more thoughts about
> priorities and alternatives.

Well, looking at the weather forecast for tomorrow, I have a clear
opinion what to do. And then I probably have a better idea,
what to do.