[Letux-kernel] 4.16 onenand

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Sat Apr 7 21:23:29 CEST 2018

Hi,

> Am 07.04.2018 um 19:52 schrieb Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info>:
>
> On Sat, 7 Apr 2018 18:17:56 +0200
>

>>> I am doing a clean rebuild of the first bad and the last good one. That
>>> all does not make too much sense.
>>
>> Indeed.
>>

> the behaviour is unstable,

Maybe should we try to bisect my kernel panic issue?
It seems to be very stable. At least from recent tests...

I have to bisect everything between v4.15.0 and v4.16.0
and merge into that all important gta04 patch sets, mainly
the dt and some others... If they cleanly apply which is
not always the case...

And then compile and flash SD card. Needs ca. 1 hour per
run. And ca. 13 runs.

Spending this time needs a little more thoughts about
priorities and alternatives.

> So git bisect is a bad approach here (or
> with better tests).

So what could be a better approach? Revert all onenand
related patches? And start to add one after the other?
Or re-revert them and then run a bisect on the re-revert
sequence?