[Letux-kernel] omap_hsmmc_init/omap_hsmmc_late_init

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Fri Sep 8 18:50:36 CEST 2017

> Am 08.09.2017 um 18:00 schrieb Tony Lindgren <tony at atomide.com>:
>
> * H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com> [170908 08:39]:
>>> Am 08.09.2017 um 17:03 schrieb Tony Lindgren <tony at atomide.com>:
>>> Yeah we should fix it.
>>
>> Ok, I will post my patch for review.
>
> OK
>
>>> Then just pass the pandora wifi
>>> platform_data using pdata-quirks.c as auxdata. Then get
>>> rid of the last remaining legacy hsmmc code.
>>>
>>> Looks like struct fixed_voltage_config pandora_vwlan can
>>> become just a dts fixed regulator.
>>
>> Yes.

Maybe we can also use mmc-pwrseq-simple like we do for
the GTA04.

>>> Not sure if we can
>>> pass the MMC_QUIRK_NONSTD_SDIO via dts, but I think that
>>> can be passed in platform_data.
>
> Hmm it might be possible to just init the MMC_QUIRK_NONSTD_SDIO
> in omap_hsmmc.c driver directly based on a custom compatible
> like "ti,omap4-hsmmc-wl1251".

Ah, that could be a simple addition. We do have others like
ti,non-removable or ti,needs-special-reset.

> But maybe there's some better
> solution that would be more future proof with the SDHCI driver
> work progressing nicely.
>
> Anyways, getting rid of the platform_data for hsmmc sure
> would make things simpler.

To me it looks as if the key activity which makes it non-standard
is to call pandora_wl1251_init_card() after starting sdio.

And registering the wl1251 platform driver without DT (sdio subnode
support).

@notaz: what is your opinions?