[Letux-kernel] Letix-kernel 4.14.0

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Mon Nov 13 15:51:48 CET 2017

Hi,
we have Letux-4.14 available:

http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-kernel/

It mainly fixes the "OpenPandora blues" issue.
And I have reset all DEBUG defconfigs that did
creep into the letux_defconfigs over the years.

The result is a much smaller set of binary
modules and that the devices boot a little
faster (not much, but ca. 10-20%).

There is a new script in Letux/scripts/debug
which allows to add useful DEBUG configs before
compiling or remove them again.

Otherwise there haven't been many other fixes
and improvements so that we still have a lot
of open issues:

http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-kernel/issues/

Some are even regressions. For example, Pandora WiFi
did work a while ago and the OMAP5 screen rotation by
TILER is now completely broken because the patches can't
be rebased to latest linus/master any more. Other known
topics (e.g. automatic µSD/eMMC-switch for the Pyra) are
also waiting for being written...

Maybe someone finds more time to contribute than me.