[Letux-kernel] ECC

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Wed Mar 22 06:34:16 CET 2017

Hi,

> Am 21.03.2017 um 23:30 schrieb Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info>:
>
> On Mon, 20 Mar 2017 08:02:09 +0100
>
>> Hi Marek,

>>> Ah, great finding!
>>
>> I have tested and it works! Kernel version Letux-4.10.4 already includes
>> a patch.
>>
>> I can also flash the kernel and rootfs from user-space and the GTA04A4
>> can boot to LXDE from NAND.
>>
>> There are only two remaining issues for perfection:
>> a) U-Boot complains a lot about a missing MMC and adds 20 seconds to boot time
>> b) our Letux LXDE is still too big for NAND...
>>
> Hmm, wasn't the check in flash_nand just too strict (because it
> ignores compression?) I have some lxde in nand...

I have tried and this time it appears as if I got better compression
than last time. The check still says it needs 580MB but flash takes
only ~400MB, i.e. 72%.

Maybe there was also some interaction with ECC so that compression
did no work?

Anyways, I can now flash using flash-nand -f -k -u which skips the
size check.