[Letux-kernel] ECC

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Mon Mar 20 08:02:09 CET 2017

Hi Marek,

> Am 19.03.2017 um 21:54 schrieb H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com>:
>>> Strange. Does U-Boot or the kernel overwrite this setting?
>> Look in dts at line 1116 there is overwritten ecc to sw.. With this
>> change I can read fw_printenv content ;)
>
> Ah, great finding!

I have tested and it works! Kernel version Letux-4.10.4 already includes
a patch.

I can also flash the kernel and rootfs from user-space and the GTA04A4
can boot to LXDE from NAND.

There are only two remaining issues for perfection:
a) U-Boot complains a lot about a missing MMC and adds 20 seconds to boot time
b) our Letux LXDE is still too big for NAND...

Anyways this is already good for finalizing the last GTA04A5 boards (i.e.
flashing OneNAND...).

What I have also added is an entry for /etc/init.d to shut down the
Modem at "poweroff"/"halt". This would have been an issue since sometimes
you ma forget too shut it down actively and do a poweroff. And one day
later the battery is empty although the Linux was powered off...