[Letux-kernel] U-Boot Watchdog?

Belisko Marek marek.belisko at gmail.com
Sat Mar 18 08:54:28 CET 2017

Hi Nikolaus,

On Sat, Mar 18, 2017 at 8:44 AM, Belisko Marek <marek.belisko at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Nikolaus,
>
> On Sat, Mar 18, 2017 at 8:25 AM, H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Am 18.03.2017 um 07:28 schrieb Belisko Marek <marek.belisko at gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> Hi Nikolaus,

>>> Great.

>>> Probably ECC options are different between u-boot and kernel (dts)?
>>
>> Yes, they disagree.
>>
>> The question is how to make them agree...
>>
>> AFAIR, MLO must have some specific ECC enabled while the other partitions are a
>> little more configurable.
>>
>> The main problem seems to be that the kernel does not have ECC specification for
>> individual partitions but only for the full chip. This means there is no real
>> flexibility if we want to load MLO from NAND.
>>
>> Maybe we can look into the BeagleBoard setup?
>>
>> @Marek: if you have a little time, could you help to research the settings?
> Yes I'll look on that and get back with findings.
OK in kernel dts we have bch8 ecc scheme selected and it's sw
detection. AFAIK only am33xx have elm module which is used for
HW ecc. And u-boot is using (in omap3_beagle.h inherited)
OMAP_ECC_HAM1_CODE_HW so we should somehow align them.
I don't have board by hand now so it's not verified but I think this
is a problem. There is an u-boot command to switch ecc schme so I'll
try (probably on Sunday) to test if we can access u-boot env from
linux.

>> BR,
>> Nikolaus

> BR,
>
> marek
>
> --
> as simple and primitive as possible
> Marek Belisko - OPEN-NANDRA
> Freelance Developer
>
> Ruska Nova Ves 219 | Presov, 08005 Slovak Republic
> Tel: +421 915 052 184
> skype: marekwhite
> twitter: #opennandra
> web: http://open-nandra.com