[Letux-kernel] U-Boot Watchdog?

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Sat Mar 18 08:25:49 CET 2017

> Am 18.03.2017 um 07:28 schrieb Belisko Marek <marek.belisko at gmail.com>:
>
> Hi Nikolaus,
>
> On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 11:27 PM, H. Nikolaus Schaller
> <hns at goldelico.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Am 17.03.2017 um 23:09 schrieb H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com>:
>>>
>>> Have found it :)
>>>
>>> The ca. 9 seconds was the hint...
>>>
>>> The PCB didn't fit exactly in the case and hence the Power button was
>>> always pressed. This triggers the 8-seconds emergency power-down - after
>>> enabling it by MLO which differs a little in timing between NAND and MMC
>>> boot.
>>>
>>> Ok. We have learned something :)
>>
>> And I finally have again a completely working GTA04A4 for testing the most recent
>> hw-test tool. I have two other GTA04A3 where WLAN or Bluetooth is broken...
> Great.
>>
>> There is only one remaining issue with our latest U-Boot and Kernel: the NAND
>> ECC mode does not match between U-Boot and Kernel (OneNAND has no choice for that).
> Probably ECC options are different between u-boot and kernel (dts)?

Yes, they disagree.

The question is how to make them agree...

AFAIR, MLO must have some specific ECC enabled while the other partitions are a
little more configurable.

The main problem seems to be that the kernel does not have ECC specification for
individual partitions but only for the full chip. This means there is no real
flexibility if we want to load MLO from NAND.

Maybe we can look into the BeagleBoard setup?

@Marek: if you have a little time, could you help to research the settings?