[Letux-kernel] U-Boot Watchdog?

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Fri Mar 17 22:55:05 CET 2017

Hi,

> Am 17.03.2017 um 22:45 schrieb Belisko Marek <marek.belisko at gmail.com>:
>
> Hi Nikolaus,
>

> On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 8:18 PM, H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I have one strange problem on one of my GTA04A4 devices.
>>
>> I can boot from NAND or MMC and break into U-Boot.
>>
>> But after ca. 5-10 seconds the boards simply reboots.
>> It is quite reproducible and looks like a watchdog
>> timer...
> watchdog timeout is set to 60secs so it's unlikely it's reboot by
> watchdog (drivers/watchdog/omap_wdt.c)

It is just sufficient time to break into the U-Boot console
and start typing.

Or approx. the same time booting into Linux.

So it is more a 10 second "timeout" triggered by U-Boot having initialized :)

> it's reproducible 100% only on one board? thanks.

Yes. I have never seen that on any other board. Even when swapping the
boot-SD card to others.

Maybe something in the twl4030 is broken?

What I have not tried to find out is if power consumption raises. Or
if the charging circuits are damaged. That might decrease system voltage
below the auto-power-off. But then it should no start over.

And, I should try to find out if the delay until reboot is always the
same.