[Letux-kernel] Letux U-Boot 2016.11 for GTA04

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Sat Jan 14 20:33:48 CET 2017

> Am 14.01.2017 um 20:30 schrieb H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com>:
>
> Hi Andreas,
>
>> Am 14.01.2017 um 19:56 schrieb Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info>:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>>> I found some time to test the latest u-boot and kernel on
>>> the Letux 3704 (gta04b2) and it boots. It shows the same
>>> problem as the gta04 that booting from NAND does not find
>>> the MMC. So I think this is the most urgent fix I should
>>> work on.
>>>
>> Successful booting from SD (not nand) here also.
>>
>> hmm, just for doing things correctly:
>> You are using the MLO binary as x-loader and flash the uboot.bin into
>> RAM as u-boot.
>
> Yes, the modern SPL U-Boot variants seem to be sort of "universal"
> and the distinction between X-Loader and MLO seems to have gone.
>
> At least for standard NAND (for OneNAND I wasn't able to boot MLO
> as xloader).
>

>> What I am also wondering:
>> Should that image also be suitable for booting from serial/usb?
>> Just for attacking the problem from several sides.
>
> Good question. Probably yes.
>

>> TRM p.3559 talks about some configuration header in one of the cases.
>
> Ah, may be what gpsign is/was doing. Maybe it is now included in
> the makefile of SPL? I have not checked...
>
> At the moment I am rearranging the NAND partitions because they
> are too small for OneNAND (has a different erase block size). The
> result should be that they are identically handled by u-boot, boot.scr,
> nand flashing and the kernel.
>
> BR,
> Nikolaus
>
> BTW: I tried to compile your nice https://github.com/akemnade/simple-gsmgui
> but it fails because gtk-2.0 is reported to be outdated. Is there an
> update available?

PPS: first success for GTA04A5 board without µSD:

U-Boot SPL 2016.11-00194-g256741c-dirty (Jan 14 2017 - 20:13:51)
Trying to boot from unknown boot device
SPL: Unsupported Boot Device!
SPL: failed to boot from all boot devices
### ERROR ### Please RESET the board ###

so copying the MLO.flash to OneNAND seems to be the right first step
(without header magic).