[Letux-kernel] Letux U-Boot 2016.11 for GTA04

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Sat Jan 14 20:30:18 CET 2017

Hi Andreas,

> Am 14.01.2017 um 19:56 schrieb Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info>:
>
> Hi,
>
>> I found some time to test the latest u-boot and kernel on
>> the Letux 3704 (gta04b2) and it boots. It shows the same
>> problem as the gta04 that booting from NAND does not find
>> the MMC. So I think this is the most urgent fix I should
>> work on.
>>
> Successful booting from SD (not nand) here also.
>
> hmm, just for doing things correctly:
> You are using the MLO binary as x-loader and flash the uboot.bin into
> RAM as u-boot.

Yes, the modern SPL U-Boot variants seem to be sort of "universal"
and the distinction between X-Loader and MLO seems to have gone.

At least for standard NAND (for OneNAND I wasn't able to boot MLO
as xloader).

> What I am also wondering:
> Should that image also be suitable for booting from serial/usb?
> Just for attacking the problem from several sides.

Good question. Probably yes.

> TRM p.3559 talks about some configuration header in one of the cases.

Ah, may be what gpsign is/was doing. Maybe it is now included in
the makefile of SPL? I have not checked...

At the moment I am rearranging the NAND partitions because they
are too small for OneNAND (has a different erase block size). The
result should be that they are identically handled by u-boot, boot.scr,
nand flashing and the kernel.

BTW: I tried to compile your nice https://github.com/akemnade/simple-gsmgui
but it fails because gtk-2.0 is reported to be outdated. Is there an
update available?