[Letux-kernel] Letux U-Boot 2016.11 for GTA04

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Wed Jan 11 12:38:58 CET 2017

Hi Nikolaus,

On Wed, 11 Jan 2017 08:31:49 +0100

> Hi Andreas,
>
> > Am 10.01.2017 um 23:19 schrieb Andreas Kemnade
> > <andreas at kemnade.info>:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I tried an older one,
> > now I get this far:
> >
> > Found GTA04A4
> > Device Tree: omap3-gta04a4+b2.dtb
> > Net:   usb_ether
> > Error: usb_ether address not set.
> >
> > Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
> > GTA04b2 #
> > GTA04b2 # mmc rescan
> > GTA04b2 # load mmc 0:2 ${fdtaddr} /boot/${fdtfile}
> > 74557 bytes read in 30 ms (2.4 MiB/s)
> > GTA04b2 # load mmc 0:1 ${loadaddr} /zImage
> > reading /zImage
> > 4605976 bytes read in 356 ms (12.3 MiB/s)
> > GTA04b2 # run mmcargs
> > GTA04b2 # echo ${fdtfile}
> > omap3-gta04a4+b2.dtb
> > GTA04b2 # echo ${ver}
> > U-Boot 2016.11-01252-g8ffa558 (Jan 10 2017 - 22:23:45 +0100)
>
> looks good!
>
> > GTA04b2 # bootz ${loadaddr} - ${fdtaddr}
> > ## Flattened Device Tree blob at 80f80000
> >   Booting using the fdt blob at 0x80f80000
> >   Using Device Tree in place at 80f80000, end 80f9533c
> >
> > Starting kernel ...
> >

> > Error: unrecognized/unsupported machine ID (r1 = 0x00000bcb).
> >
> > Available machine support:
> >
> > ID (hex)        NAME
> > ffffffff        Generic DT based system
> > ffffffff        Generic DRA72X (Flattened Device Tree)
> > ffffffff        Generic DRA74X (Flattened Device Tree)
> > ffffffff        Generic AM43 (Flattened Device Tree)
> > ffffffff        Generic OMAP5 (Flattened Device Tree)
> > ffffffff        Generic OMAP4 (Flattened Device Tree)
> > ffffffff        Generic AM33XX (Flattened Device Tree)
> > ffffffff        Generic AM3517 (Flattened Device Tree)
> > ffffffff        Generic OMAP3-GP (Flattened Device Tree)
> > ffffffff        Generic OMAP36xx (Flattened Device Tree)
> > ffffffff        Generic OMAP3 (Flattened Device Tree)
> > ffffffff        Nokia RX-51 board
> >
> > Please check your kernel config and/or bootloader.
> >

> > Any hints? I tried to update kernel and dtb. So what is still wrong
> > here?
>
> Hm. I have never seen that. Seems to be a message from the kernel.
> And what I wonder is why there are only ffff IDs.
>
> Is this a linux-next? Maybe they have removed all IDs but not the
> check?

No, just a kernel I have used before. I also tried a fresh 4.9 with
letux defconfig

I have never seen that, too.
It may come from
arm/kernel/atags_parse.c

I will test that exact kernel an my regular gta04a4 again and
with an old uboot.

> > The boot-gta04.txt produces a lot of errors. I also tried load ..
> > uImage and bootm ...
>
> boot-gta04.txt should be converted into a boot.scr.

yes, I have done that. I ran my old script for doing so. The number of
errors using that was just overwhelming.

I think I am running in pothole detection mode. I found out that it
can cause non-working binaries if you use
make O=...
to make the object files somewhere else.
Now I am not using make clean anymore in uboot but
git clean -xfd

> Here is some binary:
>
> http://download.goldelico.com/letux-u-boot/Letux-3704/2017-01-11/
>
> Maybe I should add a note to the source code that it should
> be converted and named "boot.scr".

I will try again with that boot.scr this evening.