[Letux-kernel] 2GB vs. 4GB Pyra RAM tests

Matthijs van Duin matthijsvanduin at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 16:49:17 CEST 2017

On 17 August 2017 at 15:38, Michael Mrozek <EvilDragon at openpandora.org> wrote:
> * The timings are DIFFERENT when running with 400MHz (DDR3-800) and
> often not in the datasheets.

The datasheet of the RAM does specify the timings to be used for
DDR3-800, and we are using them. These timings are also the same as
for the single-rank ram.

> * Also, if we're running at low speed, the DLL can interfere with the
> RAM. This can be disabled via Mode-Register

Uhh, no, the DLL should normally always be enabled.

DLL-disabled mode is only for running ram at speeds lower than the
minimum clock frequency (333 MHz), and the timings in that mode are
unspecified.