[Letux-kernel] Fwd: [linux-review:H-Nikolaus-Schaller/drivers-touchscreen-tsc2007-and-ads7846-tsc2046-improvements-use-common-touchscreen-bindings-pre-calibration-spi-fix-and-provide-iio-raw-values/20160924-062122 1/8] drivers/input/touchscreen/tsc2007.c:230:11: error: 'struct tsc2007' has no member named 'pendown'

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Sat Sep 24 20:05:24 CEST 2016

Hi,

> Am 24.09.2016 um 19:56 schrieb Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info>:
>
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, 24 Sep 2016 12:10:29 +0200
>
>> Wow! Cool.
>>
>> Although I noticed that as well yesterday... it is interesting that
>> it is automatically detected :)
>>
>> It is the result of some inconsistent patch. Now the more tricky part
>> is to fix the patch set.
>>
>> If my iGitt tool were completed as planned I would just need 3 or 4
>> clicks to move changed lines between commits...
>>
> Is such a name allowed by apple?

Well, I haven't asked to place it in their App Store :)

>> But for now I think I have to manually git cherry-pick, git reset and
>> git add -p
>>
> hmm, I am wondering whether stgit is any help here...
> That tool is on my list of tools to have a look at. It sounds
> interesting for this git commit-submit patch-get complaints-edit your
> commits-resend the patch
> workflows.

Exactly. I was strongly recommended by Neil Brown to look at stgit and
it appears to do what it is intended for. But also still command line oriented.

And what I didn't like is that I have to "prepare" a git repo. So stgit
and git might run out of sync and then you are probably lost...

Therefore I developed my own GUI based iGitt tool for the same purpose
which can be applied to any existing git repo.

It works quite well for managing multiple patch sets and marking which
commit is 1/n and which one is n/n. And it keeps track of the PATCH 0/n
message. I can easily call "Get Maintainers", "Check Patches" or
"Send Patches" from a menu... It also handles "PATCH v5" etc.

But editing is currently limited to commit messages, author and contributor.

Really editing commit code isn't implemented although I have (what I think) a
nice idea how a GUI should look like.

Basically show source file lines, overlay with columns for each commit and
mark/unmark if this line is to be included.

Arrow keys can move through lines and columns (commits) and space key can
toggle inclusion status. There could also be commands like "include or exclude
in all commits from here on" or this could be the default.

So at the moment I just pile up fixes and use git cherry-pick and git rebase -i
to merge them into a patch set after they are working well enough.

What all this does not help is with getting complaints from LKML :)